The Former Residence of the Kinoshita Family is a house designed in the Japanese residential architectural style called Sukiya-zukuri which was originally completed as a private residence in 1941 for a man named Ryosuke Matano, the proprietor of a shipping business. It came into the Kinoshita family’s (Mr. Kichizaemon Kinoshita’s) possession in 1952, and in 2000, the bereaved family of the late Mr. Kichijiro Kinoshita donated it to Hyogo Prefecture. It was registered as a national tangible cultural property in December 2001. One reason for this is that it has almost completely retained its appearance since its establishment, while other Japanese residences in Osaka and Kobe have been gradually disappearing since the Hanshin/Awaji Great Earthquake. Please enjoy the leafy front garden and courtyard that harmonize with the adjacent Maiko Park, where the garden layout from the time of the residence's founding remains intact.