This French Renaissance-style building, designed by architect Hanroku Yamaguchi, was built in 1902 as the fourth prefectural government building. Though the war unfortunately saw the entire structure burned down save for the external walls, it has since been twice restored. Its present-day role is as the Hyogo Prefecture Guest House, preserving one of the last vestiges of the Meiji Era in central Kobe and celebrating over a century of Hyogo Prefecture history.
[Prefectural Resource Center] Mondays - Fridays: 9:00 - 17:00 / Saturdays 10:00 - 16:00 [Guest House (Governors Room, VIP Room, etc.)] Saturdays only 10:00 - 16:00 * Tours of the Guest House on weekdays are available by appointment for groups of 10 people or more.